Friday, August 11, 2006

Zig Zag Zaniness

I've spent the past few days of unemployment trying to finish up half-done projects and so far, I'm happy to say I've been fairly productive. I hate sewing...

This is an aerial view of my completed "Stitch-effect Sweater" from Julia Cooper's Textured Knits (a book which a bunch of people at the Liberty knitting group apparently got for free while I paid for). I did this with the discontinued shade "Madame" in Rowan Cashsoft DK.

I need to find a better way (and place) to photograph my projects.

It knitted up really quickly and, as with the previous project I did from this book ("Casual Cable Sweater"), I actually enjoyed working from the charts Cooper includes.

If you look closely at this strangely posed picture above, you can see the reason I thought this pattern was so cute - the stitch pattern trails onto the back. Unfortunately, this made making up the seam even more annoying than usual...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see what you made out of the yarn you beat me to in the Liberty's sale!

I managed to get a couple of packs later in the sale and am now plotting what to knit with them.

The positive side of unemployment is that you have time to knit - I've barely knitted a stitch this week but did manage to make it to Liberty's after missing the last couple of weeks. The waiters asked if we had heard from you

Divinity said...

SO good to hear from you, Yvonne! Thanks for commenting here, I rarely get comments on the knitting blog... I've still got a couple more packs of the Cashsoft to transform but I'm onto another Wensleydale Sheep Shop project next. That is, if I ever get the seams done on that Alpaca-Silk cardigan! Grrr...