Thursday, August 11, 2005

Couldn't Help Myself...

I really was going to get back to that cushion cover, I was! And then I was consolidating and packing up my stash and found the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk I had been saving as a reward for finishing all my other little projects. I bought out Attica on a Stash Enhancing EXercise trip that Sally and I took a while back (my last big buy) of the Claret coloured A-S. It was (supposedly) just enough for a wrap around sweater from the Noro book. As soon as I opened that bag I'd put aside - with all the wool, the photocopy of the pattern, and even the 7mm circular needles nicely packaged together - I just couldn't resist sitting down and starting it! It is the softest stuff in the world and knits up beautifully! It doesn't take the Russian Join as nicely as I'd like but that might be me needing a little practice...

This one knits around (from left side to right side) rather than up to down or vice versa and is such an easy two row pattern that I've already finished the left sleeve and left front. I hope it fits. I really want this one for myself. I don't know if I'll ever be able to justify splurging on A-S again... it's very dear, y'know!

No comments: